Friday, November 2, 2012

Illamasqua Monogamous Nail Varnish Review

Illamasqua Monogamous Nail Varnish


Having fun with Illamasqua Monogamous Nail Varnish

Monogamous is my first Illamasqua nail varnish. The color is described as a "creamy flesh pink" and it has a matte finish. This nail varnish retails for $14 at Sephora and it can also be purchased at Illamasqua's website for £13.50. The viscosity is not too thin or too thick. Two coats are needed to achieve full-coverage. This particular shade applies without streaking. Although the formula is supposed to be "extremely hardwearing and chip-resistant," I experienced some chipping on the tips of my finger nails after 3 days. Without a base coat or a top coat, this nail varnish lasted 6 days. I like this nail varnish a lot, but I am not crazy about the packaging. The cap does not line up correctly after the first use.  

For a quick look on the facts of this item click here: http://youtu.be/adAjxh5PQR8

Cost:  $14 / £13.50
Size:  0.5 Fl. Oz (15 mL)
Availability:  Sephora, illamasqua.com
Longevity:  6 days without a base coat and no top coat
Coats needed:   2
My rating:  4.5 out of 5 

No comments:

Post a Comment