Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Smashbox Studio Pop Brush Set Review

Smashbox Studio Pop Brush Set

Brushes are an essential tool for applying makeup effortlessly. I love good quality brushes and they are hard to find at a reasonable price. When I found out about Smashbox offering a brush set, I was curious about the quality. I asked several makeup artists at different Smashbox counters; they all said that the quality of the brush set was the same as the ones bought individually. This news piqued my curiosity even further. Can a makeup brand really offer brushes of such professional quality for $60? I tend to research all the products I buy online. Therefore, I contacted Smashbox via chat offered on their website. I asked about each individual brush and their materials. The answer was the same; 'the qualitly of the brush set is the same as the brushes sold individually.' Neither the box of the set or the website listed the materials on some of these brushes, so I asked and this is what I found out:

#2 Face & Cheek Brush is made from goat hair
(Individual retail price $48)
#10 Crease Brush is made from squirrel hair
(Individual retail price $24)
#13 Foundation Brush is made from synthetic fibers
(Individual retail price $29)
#15 Definer Brush is made from squirrel hair
(Individual retail price $24)
#21 Arced Liner Brush is made from sable hair
(Individual retail price $20)  

All of these brushes are amazing. They are very full and soft. I washed them and I didn't have any shedding. The set also includes a brush bag, which is very convenient and practical for traveling. I only wish they added #7 Tapered Shadow Brush to bring the rating to 5/5. If you are looking for a good quality brush set, I highly recommend this one.

(One more thing:  If you spend $100 or more on smashbox.com use the code HOLIDAY2012 to save $25.
If you spend $50 or more use the code FRIENDS2012 for 25% on your purchase until Monday November 26th.)

Cost:  $60
Avilability:  smashbox.com
Made in:  China
My rating:  4.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment